It only took me a month (eesh!) but my door is finally finished. I started with this:
First I sanded the original stain off, which I'm estimating took me 7-8 hours total. Then using a stain called American Walnut, I stained the door, door casing, door jam, and hand railing for our stairs. That was followed by one clear gloss coat, one coat of a glaze called Santa Fe, then 2 more clear coats. I have to thank the guys at Jones Paint and Glass in Provo. Not only did I walk in one minute before closing, but I had all these questions because I had no idea what I was doing. They helped me figure everything out and were great.
Here is the end result, I'm quite pleased. It's not perfect (and if you visit, I may ask you not to look too closely), but it's better than what we had before.
Things are still moving along with the house, however, we've had a major hiccup with kitchen cabinets. It currently looks like this:
Yeah. I know. Long story short, the cabinets went in, weren't the color I thought they'd be and the cabinet guy had to get some guys to come in and paint. Let's hope it all ends up well or I'll be majorly disappointed.
We're off to a family party today. I made these little candy corn rice krispie treats. They are good but on the verge of killing you with sugar overload.