Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick post to say how excited I am for this weekend.  It is one of my favorite holidays, and also means that the Christmas season is upon us.  Today I am making all of my pie crusts and tomorrow I will do 2 pumpkin pies, an apple pie, and yam souffle for our dinner at my mom and dad's house.
Then onto shopping for 24 hours with my sister in-law.  It seriously ticks me off that stores now open on Thanksgiving--I can't even relax and enjoy the post dinner bloat/nap.  But we brave the crowds anyway.  Black Friday seriously brings out the crazies (I guess including me), but we have so much fun and I seriously get soooo much done.  As in pretty much all of my Christmas shopping.  I hope I get all I want--even though I NEVER do. I'll never forget last year when I was trying to get a kitchen for my daughter and the crowd literally was like a pack of wildebeests going after the kill.  It was one of the scariest moments of my life.  So I never go for the big ticket items on these sales.  It's just not worth the possibility of being trampled.
And on that note, I hope you all have a safe, enjoyable holiday!
Photo via.  I printed this out and have it in my kitchen.  Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment