Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pinterest Test Kitchen Part 4: Dessert Edition

Here are some recipes I've pinned and tried lately...and if you are trying to be healthy right now stop reading. :)

Pretty immediately after I pinned this recipe for Mandy's Swig Sugar Cookies I made them for my monthly bunko group.  They were an absolute hit and I could not stop eating them.  They are TO DIE for.  So seriously, make these.  Like right now. And delete any other sugar cookie recipe you have pinned, you don't need it anymore. :)
Another one I tried pretty recently was the Eclair Cake from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I would love to make eclairs but they just sound like too much work and this was a great substitute.  Delicious!
Bakerella is famous for her cake pops, but I made her Peach Crunch Cake (I call it dump cake) and it was so easy and delicious.  Two things I love.
I'm sure you've heard of The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake from Pioneer Woman.  Man I ate this stuff right out of the pan and did not feel guilty....probably should have.  But it was that good.  Made all the extra effort totally worth it.
Finally one I made months ago, but still remember how disappointed I was.  I love snickerdoodles, so I thought Pumpkin Snickerdoodles would be amazing.  But alas, they were not my favorite.  I found myself wishing the pumpkin was more intense, OR that they were just regular old snickerdoodles (I use Erin's recipe).
Photo from http://www.5minutesformom.com/

1 comment:

  1. yay desserts! i'm with you: those pumpkin snicks were not good. regular ones for me!

    ReplyDelete